(Saturday March 31, 1:30am) - It has been a long day at the Gila National Forest and every possible effort is being deployed to find Micah. So far, all attempts have failed to locate him.
Here is the latest from various on-site sources :
- There are currently 32 ground teams, 5 equestrian teams, 3 canine search teams, helicopters and airplanes, both high and low altitude, at work in the area.
- Many volunteers, including several teams of Mas Locos, are deployed and helping in the search. More are on the way.
- Search and rescue teams include Grant County Search and Rescue, Luna County Search and Rescue, Dona Ana County Search and Rescue, Mesilla Valley Search and Rescue, Organ Mountain Technical Rescue Squad, Southern New Mexico Search and Rescue, BORSTAR, Alamogordo Search and Rescue, White Mountain Search and Rescue, Cibola Search and Rescue, New Mexico Mountain Search and Rescue, Chaves County Search and Rescue, the Forest and Park services, the National Guard and Civil Air Patrol.
- The search area has been expanded to cover a wider radius, while the first area of research has been covered a second time to ensure every clue, track or possible location is thoroughly investigated.
- Many promising leads were followed today, including some items discovered on the trails. However, it was later confirmed that the items did not belong to Micah.
- The ground search has been interrupted for the night and will resume in the first hours of the morning, tomorrow.
- Continued support, prayers and wishes from fans and friends have been fueling the efforts. Everyone is determined to find Micah and to bring him home.