June 30, 2016

Dragonfly



You walked into that bar like you walked into my life, lighthearted and smiling.

We hadn't said a word yet and everything was already flowing.

I was talking three phrases wide, wanting to tell you absolutely everything,

And you sat there and smiled some more and shared your stories and passions and yearnings.

They had to kick us out of the place and I never wanted to leave your side.

I looked at you, you smiled again and just nodded with a twinkle in your eye.

I drove back home, the radio playing that song,

With a wide smile of my own, all the way along,

Because it had taken the best part of a couple seconds,

To feel like I'd dreamed you up, and you just happened.

I knew right away that we would see each other again,

And two nights later, I was holding your hand.

You told me about the butterflies in your stomach and your dreams and your fears,

And it hasn't been three weeks yet and I feel like I've known you for years.

I don't think I've ever been so comfortable around anyone,

And so absolutely certain that we belong.

There's nothing in the world I want more than to hold you,

You touch my soul and make my light shine through.

And just as my heart was already bursting,

You looked right through me and started singing,

“Where were you?” “Where were you?”

No louder than a whisper, but with the strength of thunder,

And I've been completely, utterly conquered.

Since I've met you, days just fly by,

I truly love you, my dragonfly.






No comments:

Post a Comment