May 24, 2020

Korima Run Day 8 - Jess Soco - One more day




The Korima Run was supposed to end yesterday, but one of my scheduled friends couldn't make it and I didn't want to miss an opportunity to run with her.

Jess Soco is an amazing woman in many ways. A true free spirit, an excellent runner and an all-around lovely person, she has seen thousands of miles of trails in the most gorgeous of places. She is an accomplished ultra-runner and thru-hiker, and for me, she illustrates what it means to be dedicated to Nature and the trails.

Among many moments we spent together, Jess happened to share some of the very best days of my life, some time ago when we met at Across The Years, a multi-day running event where I was supposed to work the kitchen and aid station and ended up also running my very first 100-miler.


Jess and I at Across the Years 2013/14

And it's with this particular memory that I ran today, in spirit with my Mas Loco sister whom I celebrate for her generosity and her loving, kind nature. Jess makes my world a better place, and it's always a pleasure to cross her path, or just open my Facebook and look what she's up to or which beautiful place she chose for her day. She lives and breathes freedom, and she's an inspiration for me to go out and do the things I love.

My friend, you are beautiful inside and out and I hope that we get to share many more adventures in wonderful places. Keep walking your path, I'll always follow you, up close or afar. Thank you for everything, and always, always Run Free!





3 comments: